to the Center for Addressing Health Disparities through Research and Education (CAHDRE). CAHDRE is the new National Institutes of Health (NIH) Exploratory Center of Excellence that is coalescing health pathway programs at the University of Alaska Anchorage to maximize value and catalyze the creation of new programs and research capacity.
A $1.2 million grant provides the Center with funding to support existing programs and to hire new personnel with the goal of establishing a structure and process to accomplish the following aims using a trans-disciplinary approach:
- Collaborate with others to encourage and support students, especially those from underrepresented populations, into health careers
- Inform students and faculty about health disparities issues in Alaska
- Assist health students to develop skills in assessing and using evidence to improve their practice
- Mentor students and faculty interested in pursuing careers/projects in health disparities research
- Infuse an orientation toward exploration and inquiry throughout the years from elementary through postsecondary.
See how CAHDRE can help you "step through the door to your future." Make a better life for you and your community through a career in health services and health research. Watch our new video What CAHDRE can do for you.
The University of Alaska is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual. Learn more about UA's notice of nondiscrimination. UA is committed to providing accessible websites. Learn more about UA's notice of web accessibility.